Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Using the Catalog
Your catalog provides access to the STCC library's collection of:
- audio books
- reference books
- electronic materials
Additionally, we are able to borrow material from 12 other community college libraries through the HELM (Higher Education Libraries of MA) system. This means that if we don't have an item you want, check other libraries (see instructions below) and the item will be shipped here within approximately 4 business days, no charge to you! The information below is a basic introduction to using the online catalog.
Use the catalog to find items in the STCC or other HELM libraries
To place a hold on an item
Locating an item
To log in to your library account
Use the catalog to find items in the STCC or other HELM libraries. You can search :
- by KEYWORD(s) essential words that you want to see in an item, ex: "offset printing"
- by an AUTHOR'S NAME, last name first, ex: Kriftcher, Matthew
- by the TITLE of an item, ex: Basic Book of Graphic Arts
- by the assigned SUBJECT(S) , if you know it, ex: "Printing", or "Printing America History"
If you don't find what you need or want in the STCC catalog, you can expand your search to other HELM libraries. Simply click on the drop down box where "Springfield Technical" appears and you will see the list of all the HELM member libraries. You can search the collection of an individual library, library group or the entire system by selecting the appropriate choice.
After searching the catalog, each item's availability, location and call number can be viewed from the results page (circled in red below).
- Clicking on the title will show more details about the item and give options for placing a hold (if the item is not available), printing the record adding it to a bookbag list and more.
- If an item is not currently available, you can place hold to borrow it once it's available or from another library.
- Click the "Place Hold" button either below the item in the results page or on right hand side of the item's page.
- Follow the instructions on the next page to log into your library account (Login: students - your 7 digit student ID#, Faculty/Staff - your library barcode and Password: last name in all caps).
- BE SURE you have item(s) delivered to STCC using the drop down menu
- Click "SUBMIT"
- You will be notified by email when the item arrives,
- AND IT'S FREE
- From the catalog home page click on "Log into your account" on the right side of the page.
- Login: students - your 7 digit student ID#, Faculty/Staff - your library barcode Password: Default password is your last name in all capital letters.
- Once logged in, you will see an account summary at the top of the page with your checkouts, holds, or fines. Click on these tabs to manage your account. There are additional links at the lower left side of the page with more options to manage your account.