- PA = Professional Association is the campus’ MCCC union.
- PARCC = Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Career. (From the Website: “are national K–16 initiatives that aim to ensure “college-bound” means “college-ready.” The primary activities among the participating states and territories are:
§ Full implementation of the Common Core State Standards;
§ Creation of a next-generation assessment system based on the standards; and
§ Development of a common definition of “college and career readiness”
- PASS = Program for Academic Success Strategies An intrusive advising program for students on academic suspension who have appealed their suspension to return to STCC.
- PCI = Payment Card Industry.
- PCR = President’s Conference Room (16/235).
- PDC = Professional Development Center (17/210).
- PHENOM = Public Higher Education Network of Massachusetts. All STCC employees, students and alumni are members. Click here for the link.
- PI = Principal Investigator.
- PIF = Performance Incentive Fund. Click here for the link.
- PII = Personally Identifiable Information.
- PO = Purchase Order – official purchasing document of the College.
- PROGRAMS = The college uses ACRONYMS for associate and certificate programs. Please click HERE to get to the list.
- PVPC = Pioneer Valley Planning Commission is charged with gathering, maintaining and providing data on the three counties of the Pioneer Valley. The PVPC encompasses 43 cities and towns in the Hampden and Hampshire counties. It is the primary agency responsible for increasing communication, cooperation, and coordination among all levels of government as well as the private business and civic sectors to benefit the Pioneer Valley region and to improve quality of life. Although PVPC is a public sector agency, it is not a direct arm of the federal or state governments. Assistant to the President Michael Suzor serves on their steering committee.