This guide is designed to help you use the library effectively.
1. Find an article in an appropriate periodical through a library database.
Each class has its own list of topics. Make sure you explore the topics assigned to YOUR class.
2. Complete your library research activity. You will be reviewing and commenting on your article.
3. Become familiar with STCC Library resources.
Please feel free to call on me if you have questions or need help.
Find a Scientific Report
Your job is to find a report on an organism, and describe the information you find.
If you are in Biology 106, you will find a report that describes a scientific procedure, but you will NOT be reading the actual research.
If you are in Biology 206, you will find the research and report on that.
How do you know what to use?
Here are some examples:
Here's the text of the same story. It isn't very scientific, is it?
Since the research hasn't been published yet, here's another lemur story.
Library Building 27 First Floor
413 755 4816 (office)
413 755 4549 (reference desk)
Topics for Bioloogy 206
Students in Biology 206 can select a topic from this list:
- Feeding strategies
- Molecular biology
Ask a Librarian
For further help, please contact the library's Reference Department. You may:
* Call us at (413) 755-4549 during library hours, or come in to the Library in Building 27 of the STCC campus.
* Ask a librarian by e-mail. Please include your name and e-mail address so we can back to you as quickly as possible. Our goal is to respond within 48 hours.